Use of the CTI Education Group* website: Terms and Conditions
* CTI Education Group is herein referred to as CTI
- Your use of this website is subject to the terms and conditions as set out below, including, but not limited to, the documents that are referred to in some of the clauses.
- You should read the terms and conditions carefully before you access any website or participate in any chatroom, newsgroup, bulletin board, mailing list, transaction or other online forum of CTI.
- By using this website, you acknowledge that you have read these terms and conditions and agree to be bound by and comply with them.
- © CTI Education Group, Head Office, Fourways Manor Office Park, Cnr. Roos and Macbeth Ave., Fourways, 2055, South Africa. All rights not expressly granted are reserved. Permission for the commercial use of any content on the CTI's website may be obtained from CTI.
- You may download, view, and print content from the CTI website for lawful purposes only.
- All moral rights of CTI and its employees, agents, and students are reserved.
3. Other Intellectual Property Rights
- All the work, trademarks, and databases on this website, including, but not limited to, software, text, graphics, icons, hyperlinks, and designs are proprietary of or licensed to CTI and as such are protected from infringement by local and international legislation and treaties. Subject to the rights afforded to you herein, all other rights to all intellectual property on this site are expressly reserved.
4. Electronic communications
- When you visit the CTI website and, during that visit, complete a Web form to request information or when you send an email to CTI, and do not explicitly request a nonelectronic communication medium, you consent to receiving communications from CTI electronically and agree that all agreements, notices, disclosures, and other communications sent by CTI satisfy any legal requirements, including, but not limited to the requirement that such communications should be "in writing".
- You acknowledge and accept that the action to click on specified buttons on certain Web forms on the CTI sites may constitute an expression of intent or other statement.
5. Linking and framing
- Hyperlinks provided on the CTI website to other sites are provided as is and CTI does not necessarily agree with, edit, or sponsor the content on such Web pages. CTI disclaims any responsibility for the materials contained in such linked websites. You may use the online feedback form to notify CTI of any content on such linked sites that may be offensive or illegal.
- It is expressly prohibited for any person, business, entity, or website to represent any page on this website, including the home page, in any way whatsoever, such as framing, on their website so that it appears to be their own information.
6. Using search technology
- The use of search technology, such as "web-crawlers" or "web-spiders", to search and gain information from this website is not permitted if such technology will result in slowing down this website or infringe the intellectual property rights of the CTI.
- CTI makes no representations or warranties, implied or otherwise, that, amongst others, the content and technology available from this website is free from errors or omissions or that the service will be 100% uninterrupted and error free. Users are encouraged to report any possible malfunctions and errors.
- This website is supplied on an "as is" basis and the user agrees that the site is used at his or her own risk. This site has not been compiled or supplied to meet the user's individual requirements. It is the sole responsibility of the user to satisfy himself or herself that the service available from and through this website will meet the his or her individual requirements, and will be compatible with his or her hardware and/or software.
- Information, ideas, and opinions expressed on this site should not be regarded as professional advice or the official opinion of CTI unless the contrary is expressly indicated.
- All items purchased from CTI, including study material, are made pursuant to agreements with shipping, delivery, or transmission agents and risk of loss passes from CTI to such agents upon delivery of any item to such carrier.
- Neither CTI nor any of its agents or representatives shall be liable for any damage, loss, or liability of whatsoever nature arising from the use or inability to use any product sold on this website.
- CTI does not screen or edit all the content, including postings of any kind, on the CTI website and does not accept any liability for illegal, defamatory, or obscene content. You are encouraged to use the online feedback form to notify CTI of any content that may be offensive or illegal.
- No information or data on this website is an offer to do business, but is merely an invitation to do business.
- No agreements shall be concluded merely by sending a data message to CTI. Valid agreements require an acceptance of an offer from CTI.
- No email message shall be deemed to have been received by the institution until the complete data message enters the CTI mail server and is capable of being retrieved and processed by the addressee.
8. Description of main characteristics of goods and services
- The study opportunities and other goods and services that CTI offer are stated on the CTI website. The information provided on such pages is subject to change in terms of section 18.1.
9. Fees and other costs
- The fees, relevant levies, and other costs for study units and prices, taxes, and shipping costs for other products of CTI are available from CTI. These amounts are subject to change in terms of section 18.1.
- No VAT is payable on study fees or international orders for other products or services.
- Import duties may be payable by recipients of goods in foreign countries. CTI does not have knowledge of and therefore does not provide information on such levies.
10. Deliveries and other service levels
- Undergraduate registrations will be affected within 30 days after receipt of an application unless otherwise agreed. The turnaround time for admission to and registration for postgraduate studies is not guaranteed due to, inter alia, the complexities of the admissions process, including the verification of credentials.
- The delivery times for study material, library material, and other auxiliary goods will be affected within 30 days after receipt of an application, request, or order, subject to seasonal peaks and/or delays at customs.
11. Payment methods
- Only requests for credit card payments are accepted via the CTI website. These requests are processed offline at a later stage.
- Various other offline payment options, such as direct bank deposits and cheque payments, are available to prospective students and the buyers of other products.
12. Terms of agreement and guarantees
- The terms, rules, and regulations, including but not limited to cancellations and refunds, that apply when a person registers as a student at CTI are presented in the CTI Conditions of Enrolment (available from the campuses).
- The terms of agreement for other transactions, such as the borrowing or purchasing of books, are available from the campuses.
- If a user is not satisfied with goods purchased from CTI, he or she may or may not return such goods as specified on the relevant order form, subject to the cooling off period of 7 days after the date of the receipt of such goods.
- If CTI supplies the wrong product or if the product is in any way faulty or damaged, CTI will exchange it for the correct one. CTI will make a reasonable effort to exchange the product, but if replacement is not possible, CTI will refund the purchase price including delivery cost within 30 days.
- If the user is not satisfied with his or her choice and the product is still in mint condition, the user may return it and CTI will refund the purchase price, excluding delivery costs, within 30 days.
- Note that once opened, the following types of goods will not be accepted for a refund and will only be replaced with another copy of the same product: CDs, DVDs, and computer software.
- The terms of agreement will apply for the period that a person is a registered student at CTI or until other transactions, such as the purchasing or borrowing of goods from CTI, has been concluded according to the terms that apply to such transactions.
13. Self-regulation, accreditation, and code of conduct
- As a public higher education provider instituted through the Higher Education Act 101 of 1997, CTI is subject to various Acts of the Government of South Africa, falls under the auspices of the Department of Education, and is governed by an independent Council.
- CTI is also a member of various other international university associations. See website for details.
- These terms and conditions constitute the entire agreement between CTI and you, the ser of this website. Any failure by CTI to exercise or enforce any right or provision of these terms and conditions shall in no way constitute a waiver of such right or provision.
- In the event that any term or condition of the use of this website is not fully enforceable or valid for any reason, such term(s) or condition(s) shall be severable from the remaining terms and conditions. The remaining terms and conditions shall not be affected by such unenforceability or invalidity and shall remain enforceable and applicable.
15. Governing law
- This site is hosted, controlled, and operated from the Republic of South Africa and therefore governed by South African law, subject to the terms of Public International Law.
- CTI is committed to protecting our users' privacy.
- CTI only collects personal information when users provide such information voluntarily, e.g. when they wish to register for studies at the University or when they request information and wish to receive such information via email.
- In some cases non-personal information, such as the user's domain and IP-address is stored on the user's computer as a cookie-file and in a statistics file on the Web sever. This information is used to improve the service offered to users.
- The collected personal information is stored in databases to which access is strictly controlled and only staff who, in the course of their duties, need to have access to such information.
- No personal information about a user will be disclosed to third parties without the user's permission or due process.
- By using this website the user consents to the following:
- CTI may use personal information about the user to communicate with the user from time to time.
- CTI may use the user's information for non-personal statistical purposes.
- All reasonable steps will be taken to secure a user's information.
- It is expressly prohibited for any person, business, or entity to gain or attempt to gain unauthorized access to any information on this website, or to deliver or attempt to deliver any unauthorized, damaging, or malicious code to this website. Any person who delivers or attempts to deliver any unauthorised, damaging, or malicious code to this website or attempts to gain unauthorized access to any page on this website shall be held criminally liable, and in the event that CTI should suffer any damage or loss, civil damages will be claimed.
18. Changes and amendments
- CTI expressly reserves the right, in its sole and absolute discretion, to alter and/or amend any criteria, information, prices, and rates quoted on its website without prior notice.
- CTI may, in its sole discretion, change the terms and conditions of using its website at any time without prior notice.
- In the event of any dispute of any nature whatsoever arising between the parties on any matter provided for in, or arising out of this agreement, the South African law will apply and the appropriate courts of South Africa will have jurisdiction.
20. Domicilium citandi et executandi
- CTI chooses as its domicilium citandi et executandi for all purposes under this agreement, whether in respect of court process, notice, or other documents or communication of whatsoever nature, Fourways Manor Office Park, Cnr. Roos and Macbeth Ave., Fourways, 2055, South Africa.
21. Term and termination
- This agreement shall commence when the user starts using the CTI website and continues indefinitely until terminated by CTI in terms of clause 17 hereto or for any other reason.